The Kantonsspital St. Gallen is a specialised, cross-regional medical centre covering eastern Switzerland. It provides basic care in the St. Gallen, Rorschach and Flawil region. The hospital participates actively in pioneering research projects and also carries out extensive teaching work. Due to this wide range of activities, the hospital employs a workforce of over 5,000 across many different fields – making it one of the biggest employers in eastern Switzerland. A new clothes locker system has been introduced for the healthcare staff that meets the employees’ and employer’s efficiency requirements.
There were a number of reasons why the Kantonsspital St. Gallen management decided to completely revamp the clothes locker system at the hospital. However, one factor that was definitely especially important was the constantly growing number of clothes lockers that were required due to the increase in part-time and/or cross-site employees. The chosen solution was to integrate an electronic lock system into the standard clothes lockers from Lista Office LO. The lock system that was installed at Kantonsspital St. Gallen was produced by the company GANTNER Electronic and opens up a wide range of options. Each employee has unrestricted access to one locker as well as time-limited access to one additional clothes locker while they are on duty. The same badge also allows employees to access shared team storage space.
The clothes lockers with electronic locks offer additional benefits:
- No more complex key management or lost keys
- Permanent LED status display on clothes lockers and in walkways
- Real-time occupancy overview and analysis reports
- Audio and visual alarm function on clothes lockers and network
- Streamlined design with fully concealed lock
The clothes lockers in the changing area at Kantonsspital St.Gallen ensure optimum “flow” in the everyday work of the healthcare staff. The standard clothes lockers were customised with a lock system produced by the company GANTNER Electronic.
- The electronic lock system increased the availability of clothes lockers for employees while decreasing the number of lockers that are needed
- The displays in the walkways and on the clothes lockers themselves make it easier for employees to quickly find available lockers
- A control system provides administrators with an overview of clothes locker usage at all times
- The decreased number of clothes lockers reduces administrative, cleaning and space requirements