Digitalisation for inventory management and workplace usage analysis
LO Sense is a solution covering the whole project chain: hardware – firmware – data transfer – data storage – analysis and control. We allow you to digitally label individual objects – or thousands of them. Our receiver devices (Gateways) provide secure transfer and analysis of data. The high-performance LO Sense technology always works reliably in the background and can be used in almost all areas: for example, offices, warehouses, factories or salesrooms. The applications are almost limitless.
Although it often seems as though rooms and desks are being optimally used, experience in practice shows that the average occupancy is only 50 to 60%.
Expensive spaces and facilities are used only rarely relative to their cost.
Source: results of study on facility management software manufacturer
- Occupancy of individual buildings, office zones and desks is continuously measured.
- Transparent indicators on current and average occupancy and temporary peaksn.
- Staff and visitors are informed of free zones and desks as soon as they arrive at reception.
- Easy-to-grasp data visualisations show usage patterns and trends over extended periods.
- Zones that are not optimally occupied can be identified and adapted to dynamically changing conditions.
- Planning of desk sharing can be adapted to actual occupancy.
The solid, reliable data helps you to recognise potential for improvement in your workplace:
- Fewer unused spaces
- Better occupancy rates
- Optimised desk planning
At the start of every major relocation project, we carry out a painstaking inventory. Unfortunately, it’s never quite accurate.
We record our inventory in Excel tables – but often it’s not up to date. That then comes to light during the project and we sometimes end up ordering replacement stock unnecessarily.
Source: interviews with customers of a furniture manufacturer, 2016
- The total inventory across all locations – from offices to warehouses – can be viewed at any time.
- Up-to-date information for asset inventory management, such as age, original cost and asset category.
- Information on precise configuration of furniture and additional procurement details make it easier to order new or replacement stock.
- If objects are moved from their current location, this is immediately flagged up. Meaning you don’t just see where an object is supposed to be, but where it really is!
Real-time, automatically updated inventory ensures:
- More efficient project implementation
- Fewer sources of error
- Less ordering of replacement stock
In huge open-plan offices, uncomfortable temperatures and air quality, bad light and ambient noise are bigger nuisance factors. That slows workers down. Experts estimate the general productivity loss in this type of office to be around 20 to 30 percent.
Source: “Müde, krank, unmotiviert – Hölle Grossraumbüro” (Tired, sick, unmotivated – the open-plan office hell); Tagesanzeiger 28 December 2016
- The microclimate throughout the whole building can be monitored in granular detail, right down to individual desks.
- Differences in noise level, lighting conditions, temperature and humidity between different office zones can be identified.
- The data reveals potential for improvements that will increase employees’ well-being and productivity.
- Employees working in desk-sharing offices can deliberately pick certain zones on this basis.
- Data can also be used for building control and helps to improve energy efficiency.
The solid, reliable data reveals potential for improvement and helps to reduce costs:
- More productive employees
- Optimised energy costs
- Increased well-being
- Electronic ID for objects – a digital label.
- Remotely readable and automatically locatable. For 21st-century furniture management.
- The pro version is fitted with additional sensors, such as acceleration detection, expanding the range of applications.
- Primarily measures the occupancy of a desk or room – for usage analysis.
- Modular sensors measure environmental data such as air, lighting and noise.
- Pro version features active control of external devices such as keys for cabinet systems or sitting/standing desks, enabling new, innovative applications.
- Includes the functions of the Office TAG.
- Connects locally installed Office TAGs and Office SENSEs to the WavePointer Cloud.
- Encrypted data transfer using a local client network (WAN/LAN) or independent GSM/UMTS connection.
- By using three or more Gateways, it is possible to locate objects within a building.
Wavepointer Cloud - process data
- Receive, verify and standardise raw data for further processing.
- Augment and enhance data using microservices.
- Client-specific and customised processing available if required.
- Can be connected to external IoT clouds and SAP systems via their interfaces.
- Preconfigured interfaces for selected facility management solutions.
- API for integrating custom-developed solutions
WavePointer Apps – visualise data
- Online app for analysing and visualising data.
- Displayed in the form of dashboards – preconfigured for the three areas of application.
- Numerous display options with simple KPIs, at-a-glance tables and special visualisations such as heatmaps and interactive floorplans.
- Modular architecture allows rapid implementation of specific requirements
- Online app for active asset management.
- Full inventory (including all locations and product categories) can be viewed at all times.
- (Unwanted) movements and deviations from the locations where objects are supposed to be are actively flagged up.
- Update your databases automatically – eliminating the need for manual data maintenance.
Technology and philosophy
- Hardware is fully custom-developed by an external partner, eliminating dependence on lifecycles and delivery cycles.
- Optimisation of key parameters: range, energy efficiency, stability.
- Not only sensor technology, but “digitalised objects”.
- Not dependent on existing IT infrastructure, implementation without IT project, no hidden costs.
- Open, standards-based philosophy.
- “Tailor-made standard solution”: common underlying technology adaptable to individual requirements.
- Focus on expandability: mobile devices, control of objects such as desks and keys, devices for special applications, external applications and processes, etc.